Google

Friday, February 24, 2006

Kids...


First thing I gotta make clear... I love my children more than life. What I cannot STAND however, is SASSY KIDS!!! Now, my kids don't live with me right now because I have had alot of health problems, and I chose to put them in a more stable environment. The people who my children live with, are a God send... we see eye to eye when it comes to discipline, child rearing, and most every issue.

The last few weeks, my kids have had a terribly sassy attitude. They have been talking back to me alot and not showing a great deal of respect, which really gets under my skin. I am what you would call a "strict mom." I do not tolerate being talked back to or treated with disrespect.

I think they are picking this up from none other than school. Sometimes, I just want to find the parents of these kids and give THEM some discipline so maybe they will take the time to give their kids some. I cannot believe the way I hear some of these kids talk to their parents and teachers, and some of the nasty language that comes out of their mouths, and the parents who LET THEM do it! I think back to when I was a kid, and I would have NEVER even THOUGHT of talking to my parents the way kids these days talk to their parents... and I am only 26 years old! These kids are so nasty... and ya know, if that's the way parents want their children to be, fine... the problem comes in when it starts to affect MY children. I have taught my kids to say "yes, ma'am" and "yes, sir" when speaking to adults, and not to talk back. I feel these are basic manners that all children should have and cannot understand why other parents don't feel manners or respect are necessary in child rearing.

Kids are gifts from God and we are given them to bring them up to be able to serve God and become productive members of society. We are not given them to teach them or allow them to wreak havok on the world. If people spent a little more time disciplining and loving their children, we wouldn't have instances like Columbine. Also, if teachers were allowed a bit more latitude as far as discipline in their classrooms, the world would be a better place, and our kids would get a better education. When I went to school, if I got in trouble in school, I got in trouble at home. These days, if a kid gets in trouble in school, they go home and the parents sue the school. What are we teaching our kids? And how to we teach them to be productive, responsible members of society with these attitudes? I am really scared to see what the world is going to be the next generation...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home