Google

Sunday, March 26, 2006

Why Do People Ask for Help They Only Want to Find Fault With???

I receive emails daily from many people... hundreds and hundreds of people. I enjoy reading the jokes, get all tingly about the inspirational emails, etc. There is one type of email that gets under my skin... I really love it when people email a whole bunch of other people asking for help with something and then find fault with every plausible solution that is offered to them.

So, I have come to this conclusion: these people don't want help, they just want to bitch and have people feel sorry for them. If you offer them a solution, they shoot holes through it faster than you could ever imagine. But if you commiserate with them about how absolutely terrible and hopeless their situation is, THAT makes them happy.

Take, for example: person A emails group B about how she really needs a job she can work from home. Person B from the group emails person A and tells them about a great opportunity that would cost nothing to start, except they would have to put in a less than $20 a month phone line to work. Person A says they cannot afford to do this, so Person B tells them that the phone company will bill them and they will have made 30 times that by the time the bill is due. Person A continues to find fault and makes it clear that they didn't want a REAL solution, only to bitch and have people feel sorry for them.

My point is, if you don't really want a solution, DO NOT ASK FOR ONE!!! Simply state, I WANT TO BITCH, PISS AND MOAN ABOUT HOW TERRIBLE MY LIFE IS AND I WANT YOU TO FEEL SORRY FOR ME. Don't ask people to go out of their way to think for you when you have absolutely no intentions of employing any solution they may offer. If you ask for help simply to see how many people care enough about you to reply, heed this: sooner or later, people are generally no longer going to give a shit about what you need "help" with because they will see through your bs and just hit the delete key. I know I sure have learned where my delete key is!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home